WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE… EVERY DAY?
Making a difference to another person’s quality of life is one of the most rewarding things a person can do, and that’s what Gumnut Place Support Workers do every day.
|You will change lives||your support will help people achieve their goals|
|You will have variety||no two days are ever the same|
|You can have flexibility||hours vary so may be arranged to suit your schedule|
|You will be challenged||the work is not always easy, but you will achieve|
|You will be valued||every support worker provides a unique experience to people living with disabilities|
|You will be part of something BIGGER!|
South Burnett CTC provides community support services throughout the South Burnett area including – Disability Services, Youth Services, Family and Community Services , Foster Care and Gumnut Place, an Australian Disability Enterprise.
A Day in Your NEW Life…
The level of assistance you’d be providing always depends on the ability and health of the person you are supporting.
A ‘day in the life’ of a Support Worker could involve:
- Providing companionship and support during daily activities
- Helping a person with personal care, health care and hygiene
- Joining in outings and other social activities
- Performing various household tasks including planning menus, cooking and serving meals, cleaning, shopping and general services
- Helping people with a disability to maintain contact with their family and friends
- Supporting a person to develop skills and abilities for greater independence and safety